Healthy Habits for Mind & Mood
A Brighter Mood
Just getting started with essential oils for a better mood? Here are two methods with simple ideas of things you can do every day to brighten your mood and lift your spirits.
Habit Success Hack: If your goal is to cultivate a daily habit for improving mood, pick one method below, and your preferred one oil recommendation below that method. Decide when you're going to take that action each day, ideally hooking it to another pre-existing habit (e.g., after turning on the coffee pot, I'll add Motivate to the diffuser and turn it on). Commit to repeating that action every day, same time same place.
Method #1: First thing in the morning, apply one of the following oils/blends topically onto pulse points and back of neck into the hairline; then cup your hands under your nose and inhale for a deep breath:
- Wild Orange* and Peppermint- 1 drop of each in the palm
- Wild Orange is photosensitive, so avoid applying to areas that might be exposed to sun.
- Adaptiv Blend- 1-2 drops in the palm
- Or, if you prefer, make a roller blend for ease of application: 20 drops in a 5mL roller bottle, topped off with fractionated coconut oil.
- Grapefruit and Bergamot - add 1-2 drops of each to palm of hand, rub hands together, and apply; OR make a roller blend: 10-12 drops Grapefruit plus 8-10 drops Bergamot in a 5mL roller bottle, topped off with fractionated coconut oil.
Note: repeat throughout the day as needed, especially if you're struggling.
Method #2: Diffuse a cheery oil/oil blend throughout the day, such as one of my favorites below (add 6-8 drops total essential oil to your diffuser):
- Wild Orange + Peppermint (equal parts of each)
- Motivate (the "Encouraging Blend")
- Adaptiv (the "Calming Blend")