Do you ever get itchy red bumps, splotches, or puffiness around your eyes this time of year? That kind of discomfort can be miserable!
I speak from experience and can tell you that I've found Siberian Fir essential oil to be so helpful in soothing those irritations and reducing the discomfort! At the first sign of this kind of eye discomfort, try this:
- Add a drop of Siberian Fir essential oil to the palm of your hand.
- Press your ring finger into the oil and gently dab the oil onto the affected area around your eye (avoid getting oil in your eye).
- Repeat a little at a time onto any red bumps or puffy spots.
- Note: if your skin is super sensitive or it's your first time using Siberian Fir, I always recommend testing the oil first on an inconspicuous, less sensitive spot on your skin (for example, on the inside of the wrist) before using on your face.
Several years ago what started as a small red bump near my eye with minor puffiness underneath quickly progressed into a hot itchy mess with the discomfort of grotesque puffiness. Unfortunately, because I'd never experienced this before, I didn't have a clue what was happening and didn't really start addressing it until it was already a full-blown issue.
The next time, however, I was prepared! When I first spotted a red bump near my eye, I immediately began tackling it. The issue resolved so much more quickly, and I was able to avoid more severe puffiness and discomfort.
It's why you'll hear me say over and over (ad nauseam 😉): catch it early and hit it hard!
Most of the time the Siberian Fir application described above does the trick. But if/when the eye irritation or puffiness is more stubborn, I use and recommend the protocol spelled out below:
Siberian Fir Protocol Plus
- Apply Siberian Fir essential oil neat on the skin irritations around the eye and under the eye (as described above), being careful to avoid getting into the eye.
- Layer Rose Touch over the same irritated areas.
- Rose essential oil is one of the most precious floral oils (and one of the most expensive!) and is incredibly soothing and nourishing to the skin.
- It also supports a healthy immune response, which is extremely valuable when you're dealing with this kind of eye issue.
- Rose Touch is a roller bottle of Rose essential oil diluted in fractionated coconut oil. An affordable, effective, and convenient way to apply this precious oil!
- In an hour, repeat the first two steps above, or use Correct-X ointment. Just dab a little Correct-X around the eye, including any red splotches.
- Correct-X is a blend of the essential oils of Melaleuca, Frankincense, Lavender, Helichrysum, and Cedarwood in natural ointment base free of petroleum and preservatives.
- It creates a gentle moisture barrier that hydrates the skin, while also delivering the cleansing, regenerating, and calming benefits of those essential oils.
- Take an OnGuard softgel to support the immune system internally.
- Whatever shows up on your skin on outside your body is indicative of what's going on inside your body. This is why it's so valuable to take not only a topical approach but an internal one as well!
- The OnGuard softgel is a blend of OnGuard essential oil (the "protective" blend), Black Pepper, and Melissa essential oils---immune support superheroes that are also known for their effective cleansing properties.
- Repeat one of the above steps several times throughout the day until the irritation is gone. Less is more: use less oil more often for best results.
Did you try this? Tag me on Instagram @purelythrive or use #purelythrive.